Tuesday 8 November 2011

Snow Buntings on Axmouth Beach

I didn't manage to get any photos of the White-rumped Sandpiper yesterday because  unbeknown to me at the time my camera had a flat battery ( too long since I'd last used it, so my own stupid fault!) Fortunately it was recharged and raring to go this morning when Steve found a couple of gorgeous Snow Buntings (male and female) on the beach near the yacht club. The habitat always looks ideal for them here but these are the first since  a single in 2006! They were very confiding as always. Definitely one of my favourites, they're so cute!
 



Female




The gorgeous male


A close up of that funky bunting bill!

2 comments:

Gavin Haig said...

Yay! And a big fat post on DBN too. Excellent! :o)

The Hairy Birder said...

Cracking Snow Bunt shots Karen! Cheers, Seumus