Friday 23 December 2011

It Was All So Horribly Predictable

Yesterday the humble Axe Estuary saw numerous visitors all hoping to see the Caspian Gull which had shown on the three previous days, some spending many many hours waiting patiently and hopefully, scanning the hundreds and hundreds of gulls, but alas, it was a no show. So when I received a text from Gav this lunchtime it was a horribly predictable one " Caspian Gull opposite Coronation Corner again". I immediately felt pangs of sympathy for all yesterday's unfortunates. Didn't stop me popping over there to 'fill me boots' though. I'd been unwell when it was showing so well on Wednesday. If you dipped yesterday and are reading this, firstly why? And secondly, you may want to look away now!


Sticks out like a sore thumb...when it's there!


Big Billed, Saggy Bottomed Gull


Erm?... It's erm?.....Oh yes, that's it....Stunning!

1 comment:

Mark said...

It's just the way the cookie crumbles some times. I seem to have a knack of arriving just after something really interesting has departed, or looking the wrong way at the crucial moment etc.
Arrived here from Rob's blog 'The Living Isle' and I like what I see - lots of exotic things we (well me at least) don't see up in wet and windy Lancashire.