Monday 9 February 2015

Firecrest and Black Redstarts at Seaton Hole

I've been back on the old patch this morning, visiting Seaton Hole. Bun saw a Firecrest there yesterday afternoon and I decided to go and see if I could catch up with it. There were two there back in October but I never got the time to see them due to the house move, and I haven't seen a Firecrest for over a year now. I managed to see it several times but it never came down from high up in the pine trees, so photos weren't easy. I did manage to get one though.


Firecrest

Between two visits to the area where the Firecrest was I walked down onto Seaton Hole Beach where sheltered from the light northerly breeze it was lovely and warm.


Idyllic Seaton Hole Beach

There were plenty of birds enjoying the beach too...




Fulmers were back patrolling the cliffs.




There were two female type Black Redstarts



A Grey Wagtail.
This bird is wearing a ring, I wonder if it was ringed on the Axe Estuary or further afield.



A Rock Pipit.


And a Wren.

2 comments:

JRandSue said...

Lovely post Karen.
John

Karen Woolley said...

Thanks John, It was a lovely day!