Friday 20 May 2016

Third Time Lucky

It's taken me a while to get around to posting this but last Sunday I saw my long time bogey bird at last. When I first heard about the Great Spotted Cuckoo on Portland I decided not to twitch it because knowing my track record it would have flown off a minute before I arrived. Fortunately though I was going to be visiting Portland on the Sunday anyway, to meet a friend before going off to Wiltshire to look at butterflies. I decided therefore that I would go and see it if it was still there on the Sunday, which of course it was, and showing well too. I didn't spend long looking at it as we needed to be on our way and it didn't do much other than sit in a bush while we were there. I took a couple of record shots of it to remind me I hadn't dreamt it all!


Great Spotted Cuckoo
 The bird which caused me to all but give up birding two years ago.

No comments: