Tuesday 30 June 2009

Up Close and Personal

Seeing as Sunday's close up shots of Wood Ants turned out quite well, I decided to stick my lens right in the face of another couple of unfortunates this morning.

Bloody-nosed Beetle


Marbled White.
I could only get this close because...

... it was preoccupied.

Neither beetle nor butterflies seemed to mind my intrusion, I know for sure this didn't...

Small Scabious

While I was on Axe Cliff harassing invertebrates I was missing a Wood Sandpiper at Colyford Common. I went down there later to see it but it flew off just as I was approaching the hide. Now I'm safely back at home and due in work shortly it's back again! Oh well..

4 comments:

JRandSue said...

Outstanding Images.
Lots to like.
John

Wilma said...

These are fantastic images. I have tried to emulate your perspective, but lack your resolution. ;-(

Karen Woolley said...

Thanks for comments, I'm pleased the results of my crawling about in the undergrowth are appreciated. :-)

Kay said...

Crippling macro shots there Karen - love it!