Tuesday 22 December 2009

If At First You Don't Succeed....

Yesterday I tried to get a photo of our unprecedented collection of swans, because all  four species were showing in the one scope view! One of them was playing hard to get though and inconsiderately went to bye-byes. 

Right to leftt: Mute, Whooper, Bewick's  and discarded pullover? Old tyre? Bin bag?


Today I tried again but it was horribly sunny and they were a bit too spread out to zoom in.

Definitely four swan species this time, but well naff! 
Oh well,  I might have another go tomorrow if we still have the full complement.


Also today I saw an interesting Fungus whilst walking Rex in Shute Woods.
I think it's a Jelly Tongue (Pseudohydnum gelatinosum)
It wasn't very jelly-like today though it was frozen solid!

No comments: