Monday 9 September 2013

One That Nearly Got Away

I didn't think I had much chance of getting Garden Warbler on my patch photo yearlist. I've seen a few in the past couple of weeks but just haven't been quick enough with the camera. Bun let me know that there were two on the track leading to the Beer cemetery fields yesterday afternoon. I went over there straight away but again came away having only had a brief glimpse of one. As soon as the rain had cleared away this lunchtime I went back to try again. Luckily I saw one almost straight away and it even ventured out into the open for long enough for me to get a shot. Just the one shot mind... and I very nearly missed it too!


No.126  Garden Warbler
Trying its best not to get on my photo yearlist.

And a couple of photos I took on Beer Head yesterday morning when not seeing any Garden Warblers....


Yet another Spotted Flycatcher
It seems to have been a good year for them.


Still lots of Yellow Wagtails amongst the cattle.

1 comment:

JRandSue said...

Another great find,great shot.
John.