Sunday 7 September 2014

Saturday Morning at Black Hole Marsh

I was at work when the Little Crake was showing on Thursday so I didn't get chance to add to the gallery of blurry shots of it. I had the briefest of views of it first thing on Friday morning through Ian's scope, but by the time I'd moved my scope into position it had bee seen off by a Water Rail. It hasn't been seen since. Yesterday I went back hoping to get some photos of the Curlew Sandpiper and the Little Stint, the former had gone but the Little Stint eventually came just about close enough. Some other regulars were showing very well though especially the Blackwits, Greenshank and Kingfishers.


Little Stint with Ringed Plover and Dunlin




Little Stint


Ruff



Black-tailed Godwit




Greenshank


Several Kingfishers showing around the Island Hide all morning.
Also reglulaly seen just outside the Tower Hide, where they can perch quite close...


This one ruined my photo of a Black-headed Gull!



2 comments:

Wilma said...

Great photos, Karen. The reflection photos are so lovely. Too bad that pushy kingfisher photobombed the gull.

Karen Woolley said...

Thanks Wilma :-)